Our “food tours” bring together the cultural and artistic aspect with Neapolitan gastronomic excellence. An authorized tourist guide of the Campania Region (English speaker or other language required) and an expert of the Parthenopean gastronomic tradition will accompany you on your tour.
A tour of Naples can’t be considered complete if limited to the artistic history of our city, its social history and cuisine are as significant for a full experience: coffee, pasta, sfogliatella, pizza, ragu, taralli; as well as the history and colour of its markets (Pignasecca, Antignano, Sopra le Mura). For this reason we offer a series of activities for travelers and tourists who wish to see Naples from a different angle. All our activities are suitable for families with children from 3 to 14 years..
Naples Street food Tour
Duration: 3 hours – Itinerary Old Town:
- Meeting point is at Piazza del Gesù
- Walk along Via Benedetto Croce (SpaccaNapoli) and stop for a coffee and a “sfogliatella”
- We continue our walk to Piazza San Gaetano through piazza San Domenico and San Gregorio Armeno, area noted for the tradition of the crib. Aperitif with “taralli”, true Neapolitan street food, and a glass of red wine
- Visit to the Cathedral of Naples and lunch with warm and fragrant “pizza a portafoglio”
- Limoncello tasting and babbà
- The tour is with a licensed guide and an expert on Neapolitan’s history and tradition
- At the end of the tour we provide the recipes
From Monday to Saturday from 10.00 a.m.; Minimum 4 people
The cost is 35 euro per person ( for a group of 8 people)
Naples food tour “A walkabout in markets”
Duration: 3 hours – Itinerary Naples food tour “A walkabout in markets”:
The grocery markets of the big cities are part of its socio-cultural attractions, so we offer to go shopping with us among the local markets (Pignasecca, Antignano, “Sopra le Mura” at Porta Nolana, etc …). Sharing with visitors the history of these markets, then moving to the location for a lesson on Neapolitan “street food”. Crocchè, fried pizzas and more.
- Meeting point in Montesanto for the market of Pignasecca
- or Piazza Medaglie D’Oro for the market in Antignano.
- Purchase of products at market desk.
- Then by funicular or walk to our location in Vomero. For a cooking lesson.
The cost of this tour varies according to the number of people.